As COVID-19 took over the world, everyone had to come up with ways on preventing the spread of the virus. One of the most effective solutions is the act of wearing face masks.
However, not a lot of people are comfortable with the idea of walking outside with a cloth spread all over their face. While it can be an inconvenience, wearing a mask has a lot of benefits not only for your health but also for society. Below is a list of some of the benefits of mask-wearing:
- Masks protect you
Governments and hospitals have announced to the public that the COVID-19 virus is airborne. This illness is also transmissible through liquid droplets coming from the nose and mouth of a person. Wearing a mask serves as a shield from getting infected since you would not know how these droplets can enter your body.
- Masks prevent the spread of the virus
At the same time, wearing a mask also prevents the spread of COVID-19. If you happen to be positive for the virus and asymptomatic, you can still infect others. The only way to prevent that from happening is to isolate and wear face masks whenever you go out to buy essentials.
- Wearing a mask can help the economy recover
During the heightened cases of COVID-19, everyone was forced to shut themselves in their houses due to a worldwide lockdown. This also made businesses like restaurants and shops close their doors since they do not have permission to run as they did in the past. As a result, the lack of cash flow left a huge dent in the economy and caused everyone to suffer the consequences.
When the cases started to decrease thanks to the vaccine, people are now allowed to go outside considering they wear a face mask. This allows physical businesses to run as usual and help contribute to the wellness of the economy.
How to wear a face mask properly
There is a proper way to wear and use a face mask. Know all about them in the list below:
- Choose a face mask that fits your face. It should be in the right size and shape so that there are no holes at the sides.
- Put the ear loops on your ears. This will keep the mask on your face throughout the rest of your day.
- If you are using a disposable mask, avoid wearing them more than once due to the bacteria build-up on its surface.
- If you are using a reusable mask, always wash them after every use to eliminate bacteria.
- If you are wearing a cloth mask, see to it that you practice double masking. Wearing a disposable mask underneath the cloth one will increase your protection from acquiring the virus.